At approximately 6:57 PM, Station 45-1 was dispatched to Meridian Rehab Facility at 89 Ave. At The Commons for an active fire alarm. No fire was found, as the alarm was activated in error. Responding were Engine 4576, Chief 4566, Asst. Chief 4567 and Asst. Chief 4568.
19 entries in the Call History
This evening, members responded to a fire at The Brandywine on Meridian Way. There was a fire in one of the dryers in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished by the sprinklers and our firefighters. An evacuation of the facility was initiated with the assistance of Shrewsbury EMS and Shrewsbury PD, and several Fire and EMS partners were requested for assistance. Damage was limited to the dryer room, and all of the residents were returned to the building. Thanks to Eatontown FD and EM...
This morning at 5:30am, a resident of Strauss Drive called and reported that there was a fire somewhere on Dorchester Way. Members of the Shrewsbury Police and Shrewsbury Hose Company responded and found that a resident's deck had caught fire and was indeed burning. The fire was quickly extinguished and there was limited damage to the residence. There were no injuries reported, and the residents are able to remain in their house. The fire appears to be accidental, and the Borough's Fire ...
This morning at approximately 9:03 am units from Station 45-1 responded to The Sheraton, in Eatontown, for a smoke condition in the building. Tower 4590 and Engine 4576 along with Chief 4568 responded. Crews performed a search using a thermal imaging camera, and it was determined that an air conditioning unit motor had malfunctioned. All units cleared at approximately 10:00 am.
Last night at approximately 11:09 pm the members of Station 45-1 were dispatched to Eatontown for a fully involved structure fire. The fire was located at 264 South Street in a vacant home. Upon arrival units found the first floor of the structure fully involved. Units responding from Shrewsbury were Chief 4566, Assistant Chiefs 4567 & 4568, Engines 4576 and 4575, Truck 4590 and Rescue 4585. Cover for station 45-1 was provided by Station 36-4 (Northside Engine Co. Tinton Falls).
On the evening of June 26th the department was called to an activated sprinkler head at The Ivy townhouse's. Upon arrival crews found a sprinkler head had been knock off the pipe and was spraying water into the residence, the system was shut down and all units cleared. Homeowner was advised to contact their plumber and have repaired ASAP.
Station 45 went on a mutual aid assignment into Little silver today, along with other mutual aid companies for a working structure fire in a townhome. A full station assignment was transmitted for Station 45. Units responding into Little Silver were, Chief 4566, Asst. Chief 4568, E76,E75, R85 and T90.
At 12:27 pm Shrewsbury Hose Co. #1 was dispatched to a working truck fire on Shrewsbury Ave. The vehicle was located in the turning lane facing south. Engine 4576 and Rescue 4585 responded to the call, along with Engine 1-78 and 1-66 from Tinton Falls; as the call was located on the border of Shrewsbury and Tinton Falls.
This morning at approximately 12:45 am Shrewsbury Hose Co. #1 was dispatched to Colts Neck for a cover assignment at Colts Neck #1. Shrewsbury was immediately called up to the scene and put to work. The house was a very large abandoned structure, and was fully involved with fire.Pictures courtesy of Chief Ed Magenheimer and TFFC #1
Alarms were sounded at Brandywine Assisted Living facility, due to unattended cooking. Fire crews cleared a light smoke condition.
Shortly after the call at The Grove, Station 45-1 was dispatched to the Borough of Little Silver on a mutual aid assignment for a reported chimney fire. Station 45-1 crews were assigned to the interior of the structure to check for fire extension. Sea Bright Fire/Rescue acted as the R.I.T. on the scene. Station 45-1 units responding were Chiefs 4566, 4567, and 4568 along with Engine 4576.
Last night Station 45-1 was dispatched to The Pottery Barn in The Grove shopping plaza for an odor of something burning. Assistant Chief 4567 and a crew investigated inside the building, and determined that the odor was coming from an HVAC unit on the roof. Crews from Engine 4576 and Truck 4590 reported to the roof and confirmed a burnt motor in an HVAC unit. Units responding were Chief 4566, Asst. Chief 4567, Engine 4576, Truck 4590 and Rescue 4585.
At approximately 12:15 today Shrewsbury Hose Company #1 responded to a homeowner's call that there was fire in the bathroom. Engine 45-75, tower ladder 45-90, and rescue 45-85 very quickly arrived on scene, knocking down the fire in the bathroom ceiling and ventilating smoke. Little Silver Fire Company #1 was called in for possible mutual aid. There was minimal smoke and fire damage, and the fire was kept to just the bathroom. Great job by both companies involved, and...
19 entries in the Call History