Monday, June 1st, 2020
picture
This afternoon, we were asked to assist Oceanport Fire Dept. at a house fire on Branchport Ave. Members responded with 4590 and 4585, and our primary mission was cutting holes in the roof to provide v...
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
picture
This morning members responded to a call for a truck fire, a tractor trailer carrying mulch was stopped by the SPD with smoking coming from the trailer. Upon arrival units found a small fire in the mu...
Friday, December 6th, 2019
picture
Few weeks ago Eatontown Fire was alerted of a reported vehicle fire with possible extension. 1167 arrived on location confirming a vehicle fire with extension to the garage. A crew from Ladder 1192 ar...
picture
This evening, members responded to a fire at The Brandywine on Meridian Way. There was a fire in one of the dryers in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished by the sprinklers and our firefigh...

 

Welcome to Shrewsbury Hose Company No. 1!  We are a solely volunteer organization, who pride ourselves in serving our citizens with the best in fire protection and emergency services.  Founded in 1908, we are still 100% volunteer, and ready at a moments notice.

 

Farewell but not Goodbye

The Shrewsbury hose Co. #1 is sad to say that one of our most outstanding members will be leaving us. Peter Gibson has recently retired from the L.S.P.D. and will be moving out of state. We will certainly miss Pete and his family very much as they all have been a integral part of our fire department for many years. Pete's father, Bill, was an Ex-Chief, both of his sons are recent members of S.H.C., and his wife and mother are both members of the S.H.C. Ladies Auxiliary. Peter and his family have played major roles in our department to say the least. Peter has served as Chief of the department numerous times, has held every line officers position, and served as a trustee. He has also headed and served on many committees. Peter was the head of our truck committee for our last 3 pieces of apparatus, headed our boot shake fund drive since its inception, and started our very popular comedy night to name a few. The loss of Peter will leave a large hole in the department, but we wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors. While Peter will remain a life member of the S.H.C., we will certainly miss seeing him around the firehouse and around the town in general. 
Peter from all the members of the S.H.C., we will miss you dearly and wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future.

 

 

 

Wednesday, March 16th, 2022
picture
Hey neighbors! We did some training last evening using a door prop to practice forcing our way into a house of business in an emergency. Thankfully, this is a skill we don't use that often, so it's good to strengthen our skills.
Monday, April 12th, 2021
picture
Thank you to our local dispatchers and all those who serve.
Monday, April 20th, 2020
picture
Thank You to The Shadowbrook Restaurant for recognizing and always supporting Shrewsbury's First Responders.
Monday, April 20th, 2020
picture
A big Thanks to Laird and Company in Colts Neck for their generous donation of hand sanitizer for our members. We appreciate your gesture and efforts.
Monday, June 1st, 2020
picture
This afternoon, we were asked to assist Oceanport Fire Dept. at a house fire on Branchport Ave. Members responded with 4590 and 4585, and our primary mission was cutting holes in the roof to provide ventilation of heat and smoke for the firefighters inside.
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
picture
This morning members responded to a call for a truck fire, a tractor trailer carrying mulch was stopped by the SPD with smoking coming from the trailer. Upon arrival units found a small fire in the mulch and quickly extinguished it.
Friday, December 6th, 2019
picture
Few weeks ago Eatontown Fire was alerted of a reported vehicle fire with possible extension. 1167 arrived on location confirming a vehicle fire with extension to the garage. A crew from Ladder 1192 arrived on location established a water supply and stretched two 1 3/4 hand lines for suppression.
picture
This evening, members responded to a fire at The Brandywine on Meridian Way. There was a fire in one of the dryers in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished by the sprinklers and our firefighters.

© 2022 Shrewsbury Hose Co. No. 1